Wednesday, April 06, 2011

What do you mean "too skinny?"

Caitlyn and I took a trip. We got on a plane and we flew to Oakland, CA. Are we crazy or what? It actually went great!! You can read a little about it her, on my new blog called Finding Balance. And, it seems not everyone has facebook, so I will do a post with all of our pictures too.

You may ask, why did Caitlyn and I go to California, leaving daddy and Gunner at home? Well, we went down to join the Natural History Study for Rett Syndrome. It was a great experience. If you have a child with a rare condition, you'll know what I mean when I say it is a breath of fresh air to see a doctor and not have to explain the condition to them!

So, the first doctor we saw was the GI doctor. I was a little discouraged after this appointment. She felt that Caitlyn was underweight still. That she should be atleast 62 lbs to be proportionate, and she is only 50 right now. So, to make up the difference and account for growth for the next year, she wants Caitlyn gaining 1 1/2 lbs a month for the next year!! That seems like a crazy lot to me. Given what we have done in the past 1 1/2 yrs, I feel lost.

Caitlyn has a feeding tube! This was her about 2 months before that was placed...She weighed 38 lbs and was about 4 ft tall.


And this is her now...She is 50 lbs, 50 inches. She is fuller and healthier...but still too skinny?!?!?

Ok, so she is still a little on the skinny side...but come on, she has gained 12 lbs in a year and a half!!! So, I guess we'll try and pack it on and home that all those who care for her can still do so when she has "thunder thighs" and weighs 62 lbs! I wish I had her problem!

Hold on...here come the pictures in the next post!

No comments: