Monday, October 09, 2006

Homework!

"My bed is soft."


"My tractor is hard."

"My daddy's beard is rough."


"My fish tank is smooth."


So, no one told me my 3 year old would have homework! Well, Caitlyn came home on Thursday with her first "assignment." We were to go on a texture hunt for things that were smooth, rough, hard and soft. We helped Caitlyn feel some things around the house, then took pictures of the ones she was familiar with and liked. (daddy, fishy, bed and tractor." I wasn't sure how they were going to share what they had found, but I wanted her to be involved. So, I took the 4 pictures, and made a layout for her communicator. I programmed it with the captions you see above. That way, Caitlyn will be able to help share what she found on her texture hunt! It was a lot of fun to do. It is enjoyable to help find ways to include Caitlyn. She really feels good about being included.

We aime to make as normal of a life for Caitlyn as we can! What a sweet thing she is. We got an idea from another blog (thanks Doris!) to start taking pictures of things that Caitlyn eats so we can present them to her for choices...So, yesterday I took pictures of everything she ate. Ah the child does love choices! She likes honey with her peanutbutter instead of jam, although she gets to choose every day. If cheese is an option, she'll eat it all up until it's not a choice anymore. Then fruit is another favorite...Silly girl...a great eater. Tho she wont gain any weight! Well, that's all for an update for now.

2 comments:

Doris said...

Wow, what a great thing to put on her communicator! I love the "rough" beard.

Moore Family said...

How did the show and tell go with the communicator??