Saturday, March 15, 2008

My house is taken over by sickness...

My poor baby is sick yet again. Last year we had antibiotics for sinus infections in August, October and December. Then a week after going back to school in January, it all started again. This time we did 25 days of antibiotics. And here we are again. Only this time I'm wondering if it is more of a chest bronchitis thing. She has a terrible cough, and very little energy. She will play hard for 5-10 minutes and then come looking for mommy or daddy for comfort. Even since birth she has had a terrible gag reflex (just like mommy) so that when she gets into a big coughing fit, she throws up. It is so terrifying that I can't sleep. She will throw up in her sleep during a coughing fit, and just roll right through it not even waking up. I'm scared that she could choke on it. (I guess we are lucky she didn't have the energy to eat much for dinner...hopefully there is nothing to throw up) The poor thing just seems so weak. Luckily she will drink water, so we are keeping her hydrated. But you all know that Caitlyn can't really afford to lose the weight from not eating. Please pray that she gets her energy back and can fight this without having to do more antibiotics. I worry about the long term effects after soooo many cycles on them. I'm off to try and get a little rest. I hope we have a quiet night tonight.

No comments: