Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Tonight I think about the things we are grateful for. Eric and I are so blessed to have such a wonderful support system. We have the most amazing family, and we are so thankful everyday that they are with us. This year on Christmas we thank God for the gifts he has given us. We thank God that Caitlyn has amazing Grandparents that love her more than anything. A few weeks ago, we were preparing to tackle Christmas on our own this year. Due to some unforeseen events, we will be celebrating tomorrow with my parents. The events that have brought us together this year make us even more grateful and appreciative of the time we have with each other. As I fall asleep tonight, I will pray that God gives the strength to not let Rett Syndrome win. I pray that I will be able to make it through the Holiday celebrations of the next few days with minimal tears.

Tomorrow we will enjoy a nice lunch with my parents at my Grandma's house. Friday Caitlyn and I will spend the day cleaning up and preparing for company. We don't have a lot of space in our small two bedroom apartment, but we do offer up our couch for a few nights whenever Eric's brother is home on leave from Texas. He's a great brother-in-law and a wonderful uncle to Caitlyn. He is all too familiar with our less than perfect house keeping skills, and doesn't seem to mind. But this year is extra special as he is on leave with his new wife! I will go into it nervously as I make sure Caitlyn is on her best behavior. Her uncle adores her, and hope that her new aunt will do the same.

My camera is armed with new batteries this holiday! I promise at least one picture! Merry Christmas, and remember....don't let Rett Syndrome win this holiday season!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Merry Christmas!!!! :)

Grammy said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you had a great time with your parents. I know we grammies love being with our kids and grandkids whenever we can!

Are you getting any of the snow I saw on the news tonight? Stay warm and have a great time with your company.

Love,
Brooklyn's Grammy