Friday, January 30, 2009

The reason I was raised on Country

There is a reason for everything. That is my feeling in life. Some things aren't as clear as others. While I was growing up, my mom listened to Country music and my dad listened to oldies. My older brother was into some really loud stuff. I'm sure it had words, but it just sounded like noice to me! All of my friends in school thought I was crazy to have picked up the country gene. I love Country.

I have finally found out the reason I was raised on Country! On March 1st, the new season of Celebrity Apprentice will start. This year Clint Black will be playing. I am so excited to announce that he has named the International Rett Syndrome Foundation as his charity!!! I love Clint Black. People have asked what his connection is. Clint had a niece that passed away several years ago from Rett Syndrome related complications.

So, since I was raised on Country, I decided to take this opportunity to raise awareness in my area. I have emailed the local country station's waking crew to see about an on-air interview. I would love it if the wonderful country listeners in the area knew exactly who Clint Black was playing for.

You can do it to! You don't have to be a country listener to take advantage of this opportunity. Email or call your local country music station and ask for the opportunity to do an interview about what Rett Syndrome is in your life. Let's tell all of Clint Black's fans what a great thing he is doing by playing for our kids!

*stay tuned for the report from Caitlyn's first trip to the movies.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Heya I gave u a blog award :-P

Karlie Grace said...

This is a great idea! We have a large country station nearby and silly me didn't even think about the opportunity! Where's my head at? Perfect opportunity to spread the word!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome. I'm so glad that Clint will be working to raise awareness for Rett's. I may just have to watch the show, even though I don't normally watch The Donald...

Anne

LT Coop said...

email stubbs and tell her i worked with her husband at shoreline fire

Casey's trio said...

I love the celebrity apprentice and look forward to watching this year. I will think or your Caitlyn and hope that this will raise more awareness!

Karlie Grace said...

Question for ya dear. I remember awhile back reading about Caitlyn having little red bumps on her face. I can't remember where i read about it or what it was called. I'm thinking it started with an F? Do they look kinda like little pimples and are they caused by moisture? Also, lol is there anything you can put on them to make them go away sooner? Thanks so much!