Wednesday, September 13, 2006

*Sniff Sniff*

Come on, Mom! Let's go!!!!

I am officially the mother of a preschooler! I have shed a few tears as she started school this week. What a big girl! The first couple of mornings we drove her in. I can't believe how much she has grown up! We waited by the buses, and then she walked in with her class...She didn't need mommy and daddy walking in with her! Then, at the end of class (2 1/2 hours a morning) we wait again, and she walks out like a big girl with her class! The transition as been great! She has been so excited when we get home, and in a great mood! Then today it was like the beginning all over...

We decided that Caitlyn would ride the bus to school in the morning to save some time, cuz Mommy wouldn't have to get ready to leave the house. So, this morning was Caitlyn's first trip on the big girl bus! I took her outside at about 8:05am to meet the bus...About 5 minutes later it arrived. Her driver is really nice! Caitlyn pulled her leg up high enough to make that first step. The driver helped her into the seat, and buckled her in. (state law requires her to have a car seat.) She looked a little nervous as I waved, but she wasn't crying. Mommy on the other hand...that's another story...I waved and off drove the bus with my baby on board! I proceeded to go back inside with my eyes full of tears. So when I went to pick up Caitlyn today, she tried to steer me towards the buses!! She wanted to go home on them! We'll have to think about that one some more....I just like being able to hear from the teacher how her day went, since she can't tell me herself...

Let me tell ya...I can't believe how much of a baby itch I have after sending my daughter to preschool! She is a big girl now! The only signs we still have of her being a baby is diapers! I have been looking for the pause button...I haven't found it yet...Have you seen it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,

Awww, that is such a mixed tough and proud moment, watching your baby take such a big step! We want our kids to be independent and yet we don't...it's such a mixed package! But that little independence of riding off on the bus is good for both Caitlyn and you. I'm glad she enjoys school (and the bus!!) and hope that continues for her entire school career.

Rose-Marie
www.caringbridge.org/visit/angelag