Monday, October 29, 2007

A story I have to share!!!

I have to first say, that this story had me in tears as it unfolded before my eyes...My little girl is getting sooo smart!!! (the word was amazing, but even more amazing was that she understood exactly what the lady asked her!)

We went to the doctor today so Caitlyn could get her flu shot. As we were walking out, there was a lady that was walking out too. She said hi to Caitlyn. The dialogue went something like this:

Lady: Hi! I like your shoes!
Caitlyn: [bent over and pointed at her shoes]
Lady: Do they light up?
Caitlyn: (as clear as day with a big smile) Yeah!

The lady continued to hurry on her way, not knowing what joy she just gave me. I go to sleep tonight knowing that my little girl understands more than we have ever given her credit for! I love my little girl! Here's to many more stories like this one. Here's to finding the little girl full of life trapped in a Rett body.

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Yeah Caitlyn!! We all know you are one smart little girl but I know how excited your mommy must be to hear you say "yeah." I would love your light up shoes too!

Shannon said...

I just read this to my dad and we both got choked up. I'm so thrilled for you all!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, wow, i haven't looked at this in so long, and this was the first thing I read! It brought tears to my eyes!
Aunt Beth