Monday, March 30, 2009

The Reason I Get Up Each Day

After my last two posts, I am so happy to be able to post a positive post! Caitlyn is doing WONDERFUL!!!! We are still struggling a little bit with the feeding, but most days are going great!! It seems something is working!

We are on spring break this week, but Caitlyn finished off the week with a bang last week!!! Her 1:1 reports that Caitlyn had some of her best days ever in Gen-ed. Thursday she went all day without any need for a break! In fact, she came home and went strong until she crashed for bed at 7:30! The other kids in gen-ed seem to be noticing a change in Caitlyn. She has been so happy this past week! She was playing with some blocks with a couple of other girls, and they were tapping Caitlyn on her shoulder and saying her name. She was turning towards them! We are sooo excited with the changes we are seeing in her...

Now, maybe someone can tell me why...The Depakote seems to be affecting her eating in a good way. Could the joy, happiness and attentiveness be improving because of the L Carnatine? Or could it simply be that she is getting enough to eat, and isn't having seizures? What ever it is, I am sooooo happy to see this side of my little girl!!

So happy in fact, that I want to share it with every one! Last fall I promised everyone a picture of Caitlyn on the swing at the park...The shot of pure joy on her face was sure to brighten every one's day...Well, I couldn't get her to smile and look at the camera, so I did one better...We went to the park with Crystal and her three kids yesterday. The weather was chilly, but beautiful! I captured some joy to share with everyone. We have seen/heard very little in the way of tears in our house in the past four days...It is these times that I carry with me. The are the reason I can get out of bed during the bad times...Enjoy the happiness...(If you listen carefully, you can hear her giggles. We have heard a lot of those lately!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

HEHE and I didnt even know you were recording! :-P. Love it!

Kelly said...

LOVE it - the giggles are great - that is a pretty great swing too :)