Saturday, April 04, 2009

Caitlyn's first Easter Egg hunt

We had such an amazing afternoon! We took Caitlyn to her first Easter egg hunt. It was held at a storage unit complex! The gal that is manager at the building has a grandson with special needs, and she remembers there never being a place for him to go for egg hunts. So she decided to change that this year! Caitlyn got her picture taken with the Easter bunny, then they give you a list of about 15 units. They took us upstairs and we went to all the units on the list. The kids got to open the storage unit door, and in the back of each unit was an Easter basket with eggs. She got to go in all the units and pick an egg out of the basket! It was so much fun!! So, I took some pictures to share!
Caitlyn and the bunny. That is Eric's arm holding her in the picture.
These next two kinda show how Eric would hold up the basket for Caitlyn to take an egg out. She would pick an egg, hold it for a second or two then drop it. She had fun! Next to her in the first picture is Alex (aka Bear) and his mom Serena. Alex liked to find an egg that shook, take out the candy, and politely put the egg back...So it appears we ended up with a couple empty eggs! He has Autism, and did an AWESOME job following the group and picking out his eggs! Way to go Alex!!
These next two, it was Caitlyn's turn to open the storage unit door! This is my friend Dora helping Caitlyn open the door. (that is her son Jackson next to Caitlyn)

And here we have Caitlyn leading the group in to the unit! I think Jackson is to the side of her. Behind her are (from left to right): Crystal's girls Alana and Kaila, and Dora's youngest Timmy.

Dora, Crystal, Serena and I all got to know each other because of something that none of us asked for. We all have a child with special needs. None of us asked to be part of this club, but through the Arc of Snohomish County's Mother's Network we have gotten to know each other, along with several other women, and become great friends! The ladies of the Arc of SnoCo's MN Rock!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the last paragraph :-). And we had a blast, definitely very cool idea! I will get my pics up too!

Just a smalltown girl said...

Looks like fun! Although that Easter bunny looks kinda...... Rabid. lol

Kat

Anonymous said...

Oh my...WOW. Do I ever see your face in Caitlyn's in that picture with the Easter Bunny! She looks exactly like you in that photo. Uncanny!

So happy to hear Caitlyn is doing so much better. Let's hope the good news just keeps on rolling out!

Rose-Marie

supposedly susan said...

I came across your blog while on the hunt for chewlery(sp?). I have found sources, but they seem pricey to me. I need two, white only, and so far all I've found are 3-packs in assorted primary colors. If they are sold singled out, they cost almost $9. If I was certain these things would satisfy my girls' needs, I'd have no problem shelling out $20+shipping. Heaven knows I've blown through more expensive therapeutic accessories over the years, but if I can find these for less, it would be a refreshing departure from the norm. LOL.

If you know of any place that sells them for less, and I can request white (clear would be even better), I would be so appreciative.

Thank you and keep fighting the good fight.

Susan