Friday, November 20, 2009

Wow...a really bad blogger!!!

Caitlyn's school picture--2009

I can not believe it has been almost 4 months since I last wrote!! It has been a whirlwind!!

The school year started out really rough for us this year. I will spare you the details, but let's just say it wasn't pretty, and we fought like the dickens for our little girl. In the end, we seem to be one step ahead. If you are a parent of a child with special needs, I urge you to learn your rights, and learn your daughters rights. It is my feeling that school personnel assume parents don't have a clue! We have to all unite and prove them wrong!!

Caitlyn got her first cold of the season in October, and I'm happy to announce that with the aide of the 7 lbs she has put on, she pulled through the cold like a pro!! Getting a G-tube was a tough decision for our family to make. In the end, we had to make a decision based on what was best for Caitlyn's health, and our families quality of life. I am sooo glad we made the decision to go ahead with it!!!

Since my last post, we found out some very exciting news!!! At the end of April, Caitlyn is going to be a big sister!!! We are nervous, but excited to be adding to our family! Caitlyn seems excited when we tell her about it, as long as we don't bring up her having to share her room...She gets a little upset about that!

I promise to try and update more often!!


2 comments:

Kristin said...

congratulations!

She'll be a great big sister

Justine, Romy's Mama said...

Just dropping by, hope all is well- haven't seen an update in a while. Take care.