Friday, July 07, 2006

Mommy's new hobby



I decided I needed a hobby to keep myself busy. So, I took up digital scrapbooking! I am really enjoying it! (There is a link on the right to my site where I'll share my pages) I just wanted to share this page here because it is truly Caitlyn. One of the common characteristics of Rett Syndrome is the uncontrollable hand movements. In the top picture you can see Caitlyn's most common movement. When she puts her right pointer finger up to her mouth like that, she also makes a raspberry sound. She does this a lot. Forever our princess! About the Silent Angel: Girls with Rett Syndrome are commonly referred to as Silent Angels due to their inability to talk. Caitlyn truly is an Innocent Silent Angel trapped in her body. She has so much to tell us, but just can't get it out. She is forever our love!

We head back to the Neurologist on Tuesday the 11th. Wish us luck! I'm hoping to have a good report to share! We were informed that her EEG showed abnormal brain activity, but I'm not really sure what all that means! I guess we'll find out!

1 comment:

Doris said...

I'm Doris and my 2yo daughter Edda also has Rett. We just found out on Monday. The scrapbook is wonderful! My daughter loves the water too...