Monday, July 10, 2006

Special Needs, but normal in so many ways...


As I type this with one hand, Caitlyn is fast asleep on my shoulder! I just wanted to share with every one the perfectly normal day we had yesterday... Caitlyn loves her John Deere Tractor. Taking her outside to play reminds me that even though she has some physical challenges, she can do and enjoy a fun day as a normal almost 3 year old. Caitlyn needs a little help getting on the tractor, but she can make it go all by herself!! As you can see, she doesn't use her hands enough to steer, so I ran in front to take some pictures, and Eric is running along side steering when it is needed.

Here's to treating every child special...as though they were normal!

2 comments:

Doris said...

That is so cool! Is there a gas pedal? Is that how Caitlyn makes it go? I love your philosophy, so true, so true.

Rebecca said...

Yup there is a gas pedal! He does great with it...She used to grab the wheel and stand up to make it go...now she can do it sitting down. progress!!