Thursday, July 20, 2006

What a fun day!!!


We had a blast today!!!! Caitlyn and Mommy went with The Little Red School House (Caitlyn's school) on a field trip to the petting farm!! Caitlyn had a blast! The first picture is me and her with a calf. The calf came right up to her, and then ended up laying down right next to us. Caitlyn really liked the calf! (Though I'm not sure how much he liked Caitlyn...She got his ear a couple of times!)

The next picture is Caitlyn with her teacher, Leah, and a goat! The goat is pulling away because Caitlyn just got ahold of its ear! That explains the look on Leah's face!! We really had a good time...I got to talk to some of the other moms.

If you are the parent of a special needs child, you'll understand this (if not, I'm sure you can imagine.): When I am with other parents of special children, I feel at ease. Caring for a special needs child tests every ounce of bone in my body...I get frustrated and I sometimes get angry. With the other parents of Caitlyn's school, I don't have to be frustrated...Every other parent there knows what I go through. This is also why I am looking forward to our upcoming trip. We are going to the Northwest Rett Syndrome Foundation conference. Every other parent there will know what it's like...they will be able to ignore Caitlyn's screams in the middle of meals...Or understand when I have to excuse myself because she has reached her limit...To all the parents out there raising a special child: Thank you for excepting me into the circle, and making me feel like I'm not alone. To all the parents out there raising typical children: Thank you for being my friend, sister or parent even though my daughter isn't like your child.

1 comment:

Doris said...

Looks like a wonderful time...