Sunday, August 06, 2006

Arm Braces

When Caitlyn was first diagnosed, and I began to read about arm braces, I told myself..."I'll never do that..It just doesn't seem cool...and I don't want my daughter to stand out!" Well as you can see from the picture, We are trying it out. She doesn't cry. She puts up well with them. I wont make her wear them all of the time...Just some of the time so that her poor little hands can have a break! She is still able to touch her hands together...she can still pick up toys and climb on the couch. This is just to give the mouthing a break. Her poor little fingers have gotten to where they are wet all the time! These braces are just simply a child's pair of wrist guards for rolling blading. They seem to work ok, but are a little bit more stiff that what I'd like. I think we're going to try and come up with something different. We'll do anything for Caitlyn...If the time comes when she fights the braces, and doesn't like them, we'll discontinue use for awhile. For now, we'll use them a little here and there so she can have a break!

No comments: