Friday, August 25, 2006

Getting Creative with PediaSure!

So I'm know I'm not the first person to venture into the world of PediaSure with a child who is so very picky about what they drink. Caitlyn will drink any kind of juice, flavored water or plain water. We can sometimes get her to drink a little milk here and there...But not enough to make the introduction of PediaSure a smooth one! So our challenge has began. We need to get some weight on our girl. Day one gave us no results...Banana was our flavor of choice, and Caitlyn wouldn't even drink half a bottle. (Our goal to start with is a bottle a day.) So, we decided to start day two with a new flavor. We tried chocolate. She drank a little more than 1/2 a bottle. Ok, so I lied and told her it was "Chocolate Milk." (Have any other parents tried this stuff? Do I blame her for not wanting it, no not at all!) After a recommendation from Grandma, Caitlyn and I picked up Strawberry Icecream today! For day three, Our pediasure came in the following form:
  • One scoop of Strawberry IceCream
  • 1/2 a bottle of Banana Cream flavored PediaSure
  • 1/2 a banana

I threw it all in the bender, put it a tupperware container and froze it. My thinking is: Caitlyn will eat just about anything! A special IceCream treat just for her! So, after she got up from her nap, we gave it a shot...Success!! She will "eat" her PediaSure, but not "drink" it. So, I decided to try just freezing the PediaSure in small containers. I divided one 8oz. bottle into 3 containers and it is now freezing. We will try them tomorrow. My thinking: She did like the mixture from today, but it was cold, and too much. She only ate half of it. So, tomorrow she will get 1/3 of a bottle at three different points in the day. I will let everyone know if it is a success!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi, and Caitlyn is gorgeous! What a sweetheart. :) She looks an awful lot like you, too!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi and that Caitlyn is gorgeous! What a sweetheart. She looks an awful lot like you, too. :)