Saturday, May 31, 2008

She Drank IT!!!!!!!

I know what you're thinking, that's a strange title for a post. Soon you'll understand. Caitlyn hasn't been a huge milk drinker since she was 18 months old and we quit giving her bottles. (This was before we knew anything about Rett Syndrome. Had we known that 2 years later she would have lost her chubby cheeks and be just barely sitting at the line between underweight and ok I never would have taken those milk bottles away!) Anyway, so occasionally she'll take a few sips of milk, but mostly she just spits it out. I ready this funny cute little story on Brooklyn's blog the other day that got me thinking. We had at one point tried strawberry syrup, but it didn't make a huge difference. (that and with all the sinus issues and vomiting she was having, we had pink stains all over our carpet!) So last night while I was shopping I remembered Brooklyn's mommy saying she really liked her strawberry nestle quick. (4 scoops...the only way to go) So we tried it with lunch today. I was a little more conservative than Brooklyn's daddy...Caitlyn only got 3 scoops in about 5 ounces of milk. She drank the whole think without spitting it out!!!!! I had a feeling it would go over, because she likes the strawberry pediasure, but strawberry milk smells so much better! We are hoping we have a milk drinker back on our hands!!!!

On the thought of meals...We found Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls...They have sausage (or bacon), potato, egg and cheese in them. Full of yummy fat and protein and Caitlyn loved it! I'm all for quick and easy breakfast on school days!

My camera is having technical difficulties, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get a new picture up. I think I might try and talk my wonderful husband into letting me buy one for my birthday..So be on the look out for cute pictures. And if you really need a cute kid picture fix, you can always head over to Brooklyn's blog...Her mom is great with the picture taking!

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Charlie was THRILLED to knwo that he was able to get another girl interested in the Nestle thing :)Yea Caitlyn!
Thanks for mentioning how cute Brooklyn is too :)
Yes, if our vote counts we agree you deserve a new camera for you birthday as long as that means more pictures on the blog! we LOVE Caitlyn pictures!!