Sunday, June 01, 2008

A couple sweet stories to share

I have been thinking a lot about cute little things that have happened in the past year and thought of this sweet story I wanted to share.

Caitlyn was in the nursery at church with my niece. Caitlyn had a fairly big seizure (big for her) and then was laying on the floor upset. (she gets upset when people freak out about them...Eric and I have learned to just be casual about it and then she doesn't get scared) So she is laying on the floor crying and banging her head and I am told that my niece Trinity (who is now almost 3) was quite concerned. She told the nursery gal, in a very concerned voice, "I think you better get Caitlyn's mommy." Caitlyn is so lucky to have such a wonderful cousin, who just this morning told her mom "mommy, Caitlyn talks...We all talk." Isn't the innocence of a young child the most wonderful thing. I am sure that they will grow up to have an amazing bond.

Another little story...Let me go back a couple of weeks first..Caitlyn was invited upstairs to play with the neighbor. She had a blast. The little girl took Caitlyn's hand and just towed her around the house showing Caitlyn all of her toys. Then the little girl came and played here while I was in Chicago. The girls had a blast running around together, and she doesn't see Caitlyn as being any different, except that she notices she can't talk. So today Caitlyn and I were coming home from our morning walk with my sister and her daughter, and the neighbor and her little girl were outside. I wasn't sure if Caitlyn would look up and see them, but she did. The mom said "hi Caitlyn," and Caitlyn didn't react much...But when that little girl said "hi caitlyn," Caitlyn started sputtering and babbling and dancing around...she had the hugest smile on her face....This is so cool to me, because I remember a day when Caitlyn loved adults but could care less about other kids. Now she loves being around other kids. My little social butterfly!!

We will be getting a new camera this summer, but Eric says I have to wait. For now, he promises to find the cord to my camera so I can get the swimming video off and take more pictures! Stay tuned for super cute pictures of my princess!!

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Sounds like you have a pretty sweet cousin Caitlyn! I am also SO glad you are making friends at your new house too! Yeah! Friends are so fun!