Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blog Worthy Things

I think I posted too much for a few days, because now that I haven't for awhile, people are asking what's up! I wish I had a ton of pictures to show you, but I don't...I will soon, hopefully.


Thursday June 12th was Caitlyn's end of the year party. I went and it was a blast. She has a total of 10 kids in her class, and she is one of just 2 girls. One little boy (whose mom I know well) took Caitlyn's hand and lead her to go line up to go inside. (I have a picture of this...but they are old fashion and I don't have them developed yet.) And the highlight of the whole day...I have pictures from this, but I truly wish I would have been able to capture it on video...They always do musical chairs for their parties. (no chairs go away, everybody wins) Well, Caitlyn had had enough of walking in circles, so she broke away from her aide and started dancing on her own. The other little girl (who is almost a full head shorter than Caitlyn) came up and said to Caitlyn's aide "I want to dance with Caitlyn." So the aide held out Caitlyn's hands for her to grab. The danced together, and then (ok...mommy eyes tearing up as I type) the little girl put Caitlyn's hand up in the air and turned, so it looked as if Caitlyn was spinning her. I got teary standing there in the classroom seeing how much each of those kids really cared about my Caitlyn. (until I get my act together and develop the pictures, I hope you can picture in your mind this Kodak moment)


Father's day was fun! We drove to the top of the pass to meet my husbands aunt and pick up my brother-in-law. He is home on leave after 11 months in Iraq. We are all very thankful that he came home safely. On our way down the mountain, we stopped in Snoqualmie to go to the railway museum. (my husband is a bit of a train person) They do train rides throughout the day, and since it was Father's day, dad's road free! We took the short ride (about 25 minutes) that goes down to the falls and back. Here is a picture of the falls...They are just beautiful. Just on the other side is where the track runs. (I love Washington landscapes) We did this train ride when Caitlyn was about 2 weeks old. It was neat to do again, and Caitlyn loved it.


I wish I could say I had an update on the educational front, but really I have no clue. We still don't have a clue what is going to happen next year, right now we are trying to get answers on what will happen for the summer. I hope by the end of the week I will know a little more.
I quit my job because apparently not working is the only way to afford health insurance! Hopefully by the end of the summer we will have SSI up and running, and also have some Medicaid Personal Care hours to give me a break...
I promise to update again soon. Thanks for reading about my princess and her crew...(yes, she runs the show around here.)

No comments: