Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life Goes On...Did you grow up with it to?

Many of us in my age range and older remember the days of family TV programing on Sunday nights. There are two shows I really remember. First it was Life Goes On. This show starred Chris Burke as Corky. Did you spend your Sunday evenings with the Thacher family? Today I dream of my daughter having a sister like Becca Thacher. (the other family show on Sunday nights when I was growing up was Touched By an Angel)

Anyway, the reason I am bringing you all down memory lane is because tomorrow I am leaving to go over to Yakima with 4 other moms of children with special needs. We are going to attend the Valued Lives Conference. Tomorrow night I will have the opportunity to hear Chris Burke speak. I'm thrilled to have this chance. I will be sure to fill everyone in on my experience after I get home on Friday.

This is just the first of some exciting opportunities I have in the next couple of months. Next month I will be attending a KIT training (KIT-Kids Included Together). This training will train me so that I can train others on KIT. This is so exciting for me to take part it these trainings. I look forward to a day when our children can go to the same fun kid places and not be turned away. A day when parents wont have to worry about what they are going to do with their children when they are forced to get a job...There will come a day when all childcare providers will be trained on including all kids together in their centers. Dream with me, and let's make the step to make a difference!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't wait to hear about BOTH events! How exciting!

SeairaLaNae said...

That is soo cool! I loved both of those shows!! I hope you have (had) a wonderful time!