Thursday, September 04, 2008

You Win some You Lose some...we sorta won

I'm sure everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats waiting to see how it went.....Caitlyn will attend the Life Skills classroom in the morning, and then attend a General Ed pm Kindergarten class with an aide. She will do this until the end of October while they observe her and we do assessments. Then we will meet again. I'm really hoping she shows her stuff in the next 2 months...

What an emotional proccess. It took us 3 hours to get to this...It was 2 1/2 before they even offered it! A piece of advice to all of those out there...When writing IEP goals, think of things that can only be met in a general ed environment. And make sure every conversation you have with teachers are in writing!!! We are happy with this for now. Caitlyn and I will go meet her teachers tomorrow morning, then she will start school on Monday. We faught for her...and we won this round...Now on to round 2...Thanks for everyone's support...it means the world!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Rebecca, I am so sorry the meeting was so long...I bet you were exhausted. I'm glad you got some promising results and I know Caitlyn will show what she knows with flying colors. They just need to see our girls and realize just how much they know and CAN do!!! Keep us posted. Sleep well!

Suzy....Brooklyn's Grammy

lesley said...

Good for you! Our kids can learn if given the chance!

Kelly said...

OK Caitlyn....show them what you can do girl!!! Rebecca, I am so proud of you for staying so strong and fighting for her. GOOD JOB! Be sure to keep us posted! Give Caitlyn a great big hug for us. I hope she has an AMAZING day at school today!