Friday, September 12, 2008

We're BACK!!!!

Today finishes off Caitlyn's first week of Kindergarten. She has about 7 more weeks of "proving" herself to go. The week started off strong, followed by two not so strong days. Caitlyn wasn't getting enough sleep at night! She was waking early. Wednesday night she was asleep by 6:15 and woke up about 7:15 am! We were sure this would help! She is still struggling with what they say is being tired. She gets pulled from her Kindergarten class to take walks and calm down. We are suspicious that there is more frusteration that being tired. Yesterday was a better day, but still rough...We are hoping she will finish off the week with a bang! We are trying to teach her staff to read her ques, and head off the melt downs before they start. I am discouraged, but keep telling myself that it is only the end of the first week. Being away from home for 7 hours a day (counting bus time) is a lot to get used to. (for mommy too.) In feeling discouraged, I sometimes find myself wondering if we are doing the right thing...



In other news, starting Monday we will be using Benecalorie. Here is the description: There are two reasons why BENECALORIE® is the ultimate solution for fighting fatigue; a formula that packs 7 grams of high-quality protein and 330 calories into a single 1.5-oz serving, and its ability to blend easily into liquids and most foods. Maximum nutrition, maximum flexibility, maximum variety, with a minimum serving size.

We got this as a prescription from our doctor, so it is being payed for by our insurance! We can mix it in Caitlyn's food and drinks throughout the day. That's an extra 330 calories a day! I know Caitlyn isn't all that small at first sight, but her weight for hight puts her right at or just below the 5th percent. We are being proactive and trying to avoid the possibilities of weight loss if Caitlyn gets sick this winter! I'll let everyone know how it goes, but I encourage you to check out this product!

Caitlyn has an eye doctor appointment on the 15th, and then we have another meeting on Thursday at the schools to discuss assessment. I promise to update soon, and also get a picture up!

2 comments:

Carrie and Avery said...

have you tried it yet? I told Kelly about it and I think she tried it but Brooklyn didnt like it!

Kelly said...

I hope the benecalorie works for you. We tried it in liquids and Brooklyn hated it. Maybe we need to try it in yogurt or something?
I hope kindergarten continues to go well and even improve, it is ALOT on our kiddos I am sure! Give her a big hug for me!