Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pure Joy at the Park

Caitlyn and I went to the park yesterday, and I am kicking myself that I went without a camera! Her favorite activity has always been the swings. After outgrowing the baby seats, the park wasn't the same for her. She couldn't enjoy her favorite activity, because she couldn't hold on and stay seated. Well, the park closest to our house now has an adaptive swing! We watched from afar as other children climbed into it on there own and used it. This little boy was in it for awhile, and when another swing opened up I went up the parents and said "Excuse me, but would you be willing to move to another swing? This is the only swing my daughter can physically use." They were more than willing, and Caitlyn giggled and laughed as she swung through the air without having to worry about falling! She was soooo excited! I was so happy for her, and it took all I had to not break down crying as my daughter can swing again at the park! I promise the next trip to the park will include a camera! The life in her little face....it would have you in tears too..Tears of joy!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

YEAH!!! That makes me so happy - I can't wait for pictures!!! I can only imagine that huge beautiful smile of hers!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you