Monday, July 21, 2008

BLAH

I have no other title to write other than that. I feel like I should wear a sign when I walk into upcoming (unscheduled) school district meetings. My sign will read: "CAUTION: ANGRY MOM AHEAD." Now, I completely understand that things happen. It was out of my direct control that the IEP never got to Everett in time to get everything done before the end of the year. But the things that I'm hearing now are inexcusable!!!! So, back up a few weeks when I spoke to transportation they said something about already having transportation requests for fall, and they would mark the need for a harness. That struck me as odd, seeing as we don't know where she is going. Well, today I had to do some running around town, so I swung by and picked Caitlyn up after school. Apparently the head of special services came into the classroom to meet Caitlyn. Her teacher was told she was going to Mill Creek Elementary. This is NOT her home school, which means they are going to try sticking her in a self contained classroom. I am so angry that they told the teacher where she was going, when we haven't even met! I WILL NOT have my daughter in a mixed grade classroom! There is nothing peer about that! I am sooo tired of it! I am guessing that Caitlyn will not have a placement come September 4th when school starts. HOW DO THEY KNOW SHE CAN'T DO IT, IF THEY DON'T GIVE HER A CHANCE?!?!?!?!?!? The schools offices open on August 4th...I will be calling and getting a meeting set at that time. I am not going to just roll over while they stuff my daughter in the "Sock Sorting" class!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

UGH...girl, how frustrating! Seriously, nothing like her teacher being told something you have not heard. No Way....I bet Aug 4th seems forever away - I am so sorry you had a frustrating day. Let them have it! Remember, we are our girls voice.....shout if you have too :)

Doris said...

Good luck with this, it is intensely frustrating. Hugs from us, we know we will go through this as well.