Wednesday, July 09, 2008

New Scrapbooking page

Sometimes I do a page that is worthy of being posted on both sights, if I think it would be enjoyed by those who don't check the other blog...(you should...there are a lot of cute Caitlyn pictures!) Anyway, today's page is all about Caitlyn. It is what I imagine goes through her head as she struggles with her hand use. I'm sure the other Rett parents out there can relate...

My Hands

"They fell victim to Rett Syndrome beginning at age 2.

They don't hear my brain when it tells them what to do.

Don't bother trying, they wont listen to you either.

They do their own thing,

And make me so mad at times."

"Why don't they listen to me?"

"I tell them not to go in my mouth, but they must not hear me."

"Sometimes they hit...Please know I can't stop them."

3 comments:

Brooklyn said...

Rebecca,
This is a great page, although you know how much I adore ALL of your scrap booking pages! Good Work!

Grammy said...

Rebecca, you are doing a great job scrapbooking. I haven't gotten into it yet, but I did help out with some of the kids photo albums for their parents at Brooklyn's preschool this spring. How are you doing? We are keeping pretty busy. Give Caitlyn a big hug from Brooklyn's grammy!

Suzy aka Grammy

Kelly said...

I love it! My Jenelle does the same thing, but we still do not have a Rhett diagnosis! UGH! Anyway, I want to know more about that necklace - does it help keep her hands occupied? Jenelle is pulling hair out recently and I'll do anything to get her to stop!