Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last Day...

Today is the last day of Caitlyn's summer program. (actually it is tomorrow, but we are headed out early in the morning to go to our local Rett Syndrome conference.) She seems to have enjoyed her bus rides, and her time there. Do I think it made any difference in the over all scheme of things? No, not really. Would I do it again next summer? I'm not sure. One things is for sure, we were blessed with a wonderful teacher for the summer! And, it gave me a first impression of the school district, but we wont go there. Now, time to plan some fun activities. We have a month until school starts up again. I want to make it fun, but know that I will be pre-occupied with meetings and making arrangements for the fall.

Today is also my last day as Children's Program Lead at my job. I will work the next two Wednesday's and then I'm done, except for the occasional subbing. It is a little bitter sweet. I love the feeling working for a non-profit gives you. I have really enjoyed my time there, and it is hard to leave. But, I will no longer have to wonder where the money will come from for Caitlyn's medication. We are excited to get Caitlyn set up in some therapies outside of school. We also have Well Child Check scheduled for the 8th of August because my baby is going to be 5 on Tuesday! And we have a eye doctor appointment for September 15th. (We are also very excited about having our pull ups payed for again!) So, has I say goodbye to my job, I am saying hello to all of the doors that are once again opening for Caitlyn. Stay tuned as I fill you in on all of the exciting volunteer work I will be doing in the future!

1 comment:

Brooklyn said...

Caitlyn....have lots of fun with mommy this month and we hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday!